August 29, 2010

So it seems that the whole summer blogging thing really went to the dogs hey?

So to mark my return to regularly scheduled blogging, I thought a dog themed post would be appropriate.


My husband's favourite filmmaker is Wes Andersen, and he has spent many hours watching and rewatching this man's works. So when it came time for us to name our new puppy a few years ago, it wasn't surprising that he turned to those films for inspiration. And so now we have our Margot, named after Margot Tenenbaum from The Royal Tenenbaums.

I have always wanted to get a painting commissioned of Margot, and am forever saving links to artists who I might want to contact eventually. Then earlier this week, I read this post by Jenny, who not only wrote about a great dog portrait painter, but also reminded me of Richie Tenenbaum's art wall, which was full of portraits of his sister.


It was then that I decided that I wanted to pay a further homage to the film, and make a little art wall of portraits of our Margot. I will keep you up to date on the progress. In the meantime, here are some artists who I would love to have make paintings for us.




Tali, who has etsy shops here and here:




1 comments:

Lori Andrews said...

I could paint it for you :)

Post a Comment