November 15, 2011

One of my favourite suppliers, Schoolhouse Electric had some big new over the weekend. The shop has expanded their line to become Schoolhouse Electric & Supply Co, featuring a great array of homewares, furniture, and utility items in addition to their fabulous light fixtures.

For me, Schoolhouse is always on the edge of design. It seems that despite the popularity of classic, utilitarian pieces over the past little while, there is still a huge gap in the market for unique, quality goods. While many retailers seem content to simply modify what is already out there, Schoolhouse continues to push the boundaries.


I love the contrast of the smooth, cool bronze with the rustic quality of the rope hanger.

This piece perfectly illustrates my point. Schoolhouse effortlessly elevates the classic cloth extension cord.

I love mattress ticking and cannot get enough of it. These are fabulous, although I wish they were available in grey or black.


One thing that we haven't seen a lot of is stoneware. These pieces are nicely modernized with bold black rims and stripes. I'd love to see these on my kitchen counter.


And these gorgeous enamel pendants would look stunning over my kitchen island.

0 comments:

Post a Comment