February 9, 2012

This weekend I got up to some seriously delayed projects.


See that!?! I put up the wallpaper in the bedroom. Finally. After debating for weeks over which room I should finally have it in. And we love it!

The wallpaper is Wilderness by Ferm Living. It was my first time wallpapering, and it went pretty well. The video below was a fantastic guide, and had many tips that I wouldn't have considered, including marking the pattern match before pasting the strips up on the wall. I did the job by myself, which was also managable. Hanging the strips is pretty much a one person job, but at some points a third hand would have been handy.

I learned one good lesson, and that is about measuring the width of your wall. Like the video, I just started the paper in one corner and went across from there, but as I got closer to the other side, I thought I was going to end up with a silly 2" filler strip at one end. Indeed that was not the case, but I only had about 1/2" to spare on the width of my last strip. So try to plan the drop layout ahead of time, even if it means starting in the centre of your wall and working outwards.


Hopefully I will have more bedroom progress sooner than later. Alas, at this point, in addition to having out bed, the room is also a storage ground for our sectional while the basement gets renovated.

1 comments:

Shauna@Satori Design for Living said...

Lovely paper! Can't wait to see more progress.

Post a Comment