June 7, 2012

The results of my recent travels and reloading into our basement means that artwork is big on my mind these days. Art pieces are always something I pick up when I travel, as they are lightweight and usually not a big nuisance to get home with. Not to mention the pieces I have been hoarding in anticipation of the basement reoccupation. My current hoard features a vintage map, some David Shrigley cards, my Alanna Cavanagh print, a couple of Bad Portraits, and a few other little odds and ends. And... it's not enough. So I'm checking my favorite art websites in search of more!
Nervous Systems 28 by Ann Tarantino

20x200 is a great source for affordable prints in a variety of sizes. New art is released weekly, in limited editions in a variety of sizes. It's fabulous because you can purchase a print you love at your price point. 

Laura by Georgina Vinsun

Saatchi Gallery has a wide selection of originals and limited edition prints.

Walk on the Ocean by Chalermphol Harnchakkam

Society 6 is another great resource, and while there are prints available, the images are also available on a variety of surfaces including iphone cases, t-shirts, and laptop cases.

And once you have everything, you need to think about framing. My Cavanagh print will get the professional treatment, simply because it is worth it. But everything else will get a more budget friendly approach. My go to's for pre-fab frames are usually Ikea, Pottery Barn, Indigo, and West Elm. But I recently found this post by Emily Henderson, who outlines a ton of great offerings, many available online. I, for one, am very excited about the fineline frames, as those styles are definitely harder to find. 

Beautiful walls for all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment