January 13, 2010

Over the christmas holidays, I had a bit of time on my hands, so I decided to do a bit of home improvement and update my bathroom. We are thinking of moving in the near future, so part of the reasoning was to make the house more neutral and sellable, and partly because I was just so tired of looking at the aqua blue it had previously been.


The bathroom is tiny, so I couldn't get any good overall shots, but I took a couple pictures of the artwork I have in there. Above from left to right: vase from Ikea (who doesn't have these?), peacock ring holder from Urban Outfitters, Art is a notecard from Loop in an Ikea Frame, sea urchin from a trip to Oregon awhile back, perched bird from Love of Mine Boutique in Toronto, milk bottle from my grandmother in England, with a feather from a feather duster. The shelf was just picked up at the hardware store.


Artwork by Yelena that I picked up on Etsy.


Artwork by Christina Norberg that I picked up at Portobello West.

I had decided awhile ago that I wanted to paint the bath a nice milk chocolatey brown and have been on the lookout for the perfect colour for quite awhile. I think I found it! I am so pleased with how the colour turned out. As an interior designer, I am constantly on the lookout for colours just like this: good neutrals with no obvious undertones. I was so afraid that this paint would come out with an orange or pink undertone. But it is just the perfect milk chocolately brown that I was looking for.



The colour is Light Chocolate, by ICI Paints. However, I went over to my local Benjamin Moore dealer and had them colour match for me. I love Benjamin Moore products, and had them mix this in the Ultimatte finish for me, which is super durable and washable, which is really difficult to find in a matte finish. I also want to use their Aura line of products, but the Aura matte finish didn't have the durability I was looking for in a bathroom application.

0 comments:

Post a Comment