February 6, 2010


I have piles just like this all over my house. Stacks of little notes, business cards I've picked up along the way, phone numbers or contact info jotted down. And my husband just despises them. They settle in unused corners of the desk or kitchen and just end up looking cluttered. This drives him crazy. So I decided to do something with all this stuff, to keep it more organized.
I've had this journey book from Lovely Design for awhile now, not really having a reason to put it to good use. I'm not much of a journal keeper, and I've tried a couple of times to start, but to no avail. So when I looked around for something to conglomerate my piles into, my eyes fell upon this little book, which coincidentally happened to take up residence at the bottom of one these said piles.
I sorted them into categories and taped and stapled them into the pages of the book. And simple as that, all my piles disappeared.
It's so great to have everything in one place. Now I can just reach for the book if I want the name of that store I visited in Vancouver last year, or the web address for someone I met in Toronto. And I'm happy that the book is living up to it's name and actually documenting my journeys.
One note if you are planning to do this yourself. A regular hard-bound journal is likely not the best thing because the cover is so hard. Journals are not designed to have all that extra paper and material stuffed into it. So find a journal with a softer cover. The lovely journal is great because the board used to make the cover is flexible enough to accommodate the extra fullness in the pages. It will need something to help keep it closed though, so a nice elastic or ribbon should do the trick.

0 comments:

Post a Comment