September 9, 2010

Earlier this week I tweeted about this headboard featured in the film A Single Man, that I think will serve as the starting point for my new bedroom design:


The shape is a great balance between something that is decorative, but still clean at the same time. It doesn't feel overtly feminine, just soft around the edges. Now to source the fabric!


For those that are interested in the fabric pictured above, it is Tilbury Lapis by Laura Ashley from Kravet. Heather over at Habitually Chic did some research over on her blog.


I have always loved this fabric. It is the Katana pattern by Kelly Wearstler for Groundworks by Lee Jofa. This colourway is particularly striking, and I'd love to bring pops of that pinky coral into the bedroom.


This is the Folia pattern from Sanderson. This would be a much fresher feel, and I think my existing nightstands would look fabulous with it.


I love the movement of this pattern. It is called Richter and is by Schumacher.

And that is only the tip of the iceberg. Looks like I've got a lot of research to do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment