September 2, 2010

Wow, the moment of change is upon us! Late last night we signed on the dotted line and sold our sweet little condo. Woo! And now my stomach is twisting and turning with all the stuff we have to get done to be out of here in a very short timeline. And through all that anxiousness, we have to start looking for a house. And we have to make a very big commitment. And designers are notoriously bad at committing to anything for themselves. So this should be interesting.


In the meantime, I'm turning to my photo inspiration archives to help me see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm afraid I don't know all the sources for these images, some of them are pretty old.






from Emersonmade's home at design*sponge








by Tommy Smythe of Sarah Richardson Design





Okay, that actually makes me feel worse.


For the palette of the new house, I'm thinking a foundation of soft greys and browns. I want the living room to be a tones of charcoals and blues, and I know I want a room with that hit of bright yellow. Stay tuned!

0 comments:

Post a Comment