January 11, 2011

I am very excited these past few days, as I finally booked my flights to Toronto to attend the Interior Design Show, and the Toronto International Design Festival at the end of January. I love Toronto, and first visited the City about a year ago when I attended another design show there. During TIDF there are lots of amazing exhibits and design events that take place all over the city, and I'm really thrilled to get to experience some of these events first hand.

The event that excites me the most is Come Up to my Room, which is an annual design event that takes place at the Gladstone Hotel. Each year, several rooms and the public areas of the hotel are taken over by artists & designers, who create incredible conceptual art installations. The show is frequently the most unique and groundbreaking of all the TIDF events, and it receives rave reviews each year. Here are a few pictures of installations from previous years:









Pretty amazing. For hours, rates, and images from past years check out their website.

And if anyone is up for going, I will likely be there on Saturday sometime, as I ramble around the city. I can't wait!

1 comments:

Layerstoo said...

This looks like a great event...have a great time in TO at IDS11

Post a Comment