January 19, 2011

You never know when inspiration for a colour scheme will strike. This weekend while watching the Golden Globes I was completely taken with Kyra Sedgwick.


She wore this stunning tangerine dress, and combined it with these chunky gold and turquoise jewellery pieces. It really hit me for a couple of reasons.

1. This colour is striking. It is rare to see a colour like this displayed so boldly, in fashion or otherwise. Plus it is really unusual. I would guess that these orangey tones are some of the least used in the fashion world.

2. The gold and turquoise jewellery is sublime. I'm so happy that Kyra or her stylist forewent the usual diamond product placement that these events are known for. Instead they went for something more unexpected, and the colour combination is perfect.


So how does this translate to an interior? I'm not sure yet, but my wheels are turning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment