February 21, 2011



Last week I got to meet the 10 cent designer. Finally. I have been following her pursuits forever, first on Flickr and then through twitter and her blog. We had some great conversation, and talked a lot about the power of blogs and how it was great form of media. Honestly, I never really thought about blogs that way. But it struck a cord with me, and I've decided to make a couple of changes around here. I want to share some more personal day to day stuff, and not just posts relating to my home design. This blog was conceived as a way to share "all the stuff in between" and I'm going to move forward with that in mind.

simple pleasures: homemade hot chocolate


A couple of weeks ago I was really craving hot chocolate but had none in the house, and didn't want to bother getting in the car to buy some. But I did have cocoa and I did have sugar. So I headed over to Martha's website and found a great recipe.

3 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 1/4 cups cocoa powder
1 tbsp salt
milk, for serving

Sift cocoa into a large bowl. Whisk together with sugar and salt. This mixture can be kept in an airtight container until needed. I recommend cute glass jars.

To make hot chocolate whisk together 1 cup of milk with 2 tablespoons of the cocoa mix. Heat on the stove in a small saucepan, or in the microwave in a mug. Top with mini marshmallows, whipped cream, or a bit of grated chocolate for an extra decadent treat.

1 comments:

Jacqueline @ The Pink Chandelier said...

Sounds delish! Now I'm craving hot chocolate too.

Post a Comment