June 4, 2011


So Fab Friday is Fab Saturday this week. I've been a touch busy. Nevertheless, you still need some stuff to look at this weekend, so here's where my head has been at.
  • I have convinced myself that my life will be incomplete without seeing the Savage Beauty Exhibit at the Met in NY, about the life's work of Alexander McQueen. After speaking with a friend about it last night, I've decided it's a necessity. Plus, I could knock NYC in the summer off my life list. Perfect. There's a book to accompany the exhibit too; it went into wide release this week.
  • There was some controversy this week regarding the online shelter magazine industry, after an article appeared in the NY Times, and the subsequent mass rejection of its contents. Grace at Design*Sponge had some really great thoughts about the issues.
  • Speaking of online magazines, WLWL came out with their 7th issue! Plus it features Lori's house, which I actually got to visit in person last night!
  • One thing on my life list is to renovate a bowler trailer, and last night I met the charming Capri, who introduced me to her 1964 Travco Motorhome, Myrtle. The blog follows her renovation and restoration, and I will be spending lots of time picking up tips for when I get to finally restore my own traveling home away from home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment