September 28, 2011

Artist Profile: Mandy Stobo

I was first exposed to Mandy's paintings after seeing a series hung at Caffe Rosso here in downtown Calgary. Intrigued by her work, I set off to google and found out that in addition to her incredible paintings, she was also working on a project called Bad Portraits, where she produces quick "ugly" paintings of anyone who sent her a picture.

All summer I have been following her twitter, and seeing a few people I know get paintings done. This week I finally messaged her, and shortly thereafter, this arrived in my feed:


Pretty awesome right?


This is one done of my friend Chelsea.


And this is Brie.

They have nice eyelashes.

And you can have your own! Send Mandy a message here to have one commissioned.

And if you are in Calgary on October 6th, come down to Caffee Rosso and see an exhibition of the Bad Portraits, plus see the rest of what First Thursdays have to offer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment