February 8, 2010




My mailbox was full of exciting deliveries today! First up, was this great package from Nervous System. I first found Nervous System on Etsy a while ago, and had been coveting their stuff for awhile. All of their products are made using algorithmic tools, don't even ask me how that works, but the results are these beautiful, open weblike forms.


This bracelet is made from nylon using a 3-D printing method, where layers of nylon are slowly added to the form to build up the design. So cool! And they offer different sizes for their bracelets, which is great because this is a gift for my sister, who has very dainty hands, unlike me.


The next thing I pulled out of the mailbox was the new copy of Uppercase Magazine. Designed, edited, and published by Janine Vangool of Uppercase Gallery, the magazine is full of really inspiring creative tidbits and stories. She is also quite the local success story in my opinion, and it's so inspiring to see someone local doing something that has been embraced by so many people, and that takes up lots of webspace on my favorite blogs and twitter feeds. How cool to have people across the world reading this little magazine?




That's the first 4 issues all stacked together. Starting to look like a nice little collection aren't they?

0 comments:

Post a Comment