May 19, 2011


It's Fab Friday again. Not only that, but it's a long weekend here in these parts, and I am really looking forward to taking that extra day to relax. My three major projects at work are all wrapping up next week, so I'm sure I will be at everyone's beck and call. But it's thrilling to see these spaces come to fruition, and I'm excited to get to share a couple with you soon!

  • Graphic designer Beth Chapleau created this great Canadian Winter Survival Kit. Filled with great items of Canadiana to sustain you through the long winter months, it is also beautifully assembled and designed.
  • The designers at Vij5 from the Netherlands have created a composite wood like material out of old newspaper, and are using it in all sorts of interesting ways. I love the look of the sliced newsprint.
  • I don't know if anyone else has seen this website, and I am really late to the game, but please check out Portable. A great eclectic website featuring all things design/culture/art.
  • And finally, I saw Phantogram live this week at the Republik in Calgary. It was one of the best shows I have ever seen here, so here's a tune to kick off your weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment